Thursday, June 23, 2011

J.K. Rowling, the next chapter

In a previous entry, I addressed the question of whether J.K. Rowling would ever write again. My opinion was, more or less, "she doesn't need to, she said she's not going to, she's already doing some pretty cool stuff, and I wish her well in whatever she does."

In an update at the end of that entry, I added a link to a mysterious countdown. If you click on the link now, you will be taken to JKR's announcement of the opening of Pottermore.

Pottermore is a new JKR enterprise, aimed at getting even more kids to read and to enjoy reading, using her Harry Potter books as the vehicle to get there. As far as I can tell, it doesn't cost a user anything to join up. The official opening date is October, but a lucky few will gain early access to Pottermore before then.

No comments: