Friday, November 28, 2008

Thanks

It's the day after the Thanksgiving feast, and I had a turkey sandwich on a crescent roll for lunch. On the side, I had some mashed potatoes, stuffing, gravy, and cheesy corn. Ah, leftovers: the food of the gods.

It was a modest feast. Only Lori and Chris joined us for the feast yesterday, so we got a small turkey - about half the size we've gotten in the past. Not to worry, we still had lots of leftovers. We had three pies, and Koy & Becky joined us for pie later in the evening.

We changed tradition a bit this year, and passed around the Thankful Bag while we waited for the turkey to get to the "done" stage. And once again we realized that we have an awful lot to be thankful for. If you're reading this blog and you know who I am, then there's a good chance that you were mentioned in the Thankful bag.

My latest contract comes to an end next week, and I'll be spending a few months finding another contract or a Real Job (TM). I'm thankful for the contracts that I've had this year, and for everything I've learned from them. I'm thankful to God for taking care of my family this past year, and I pray that He does it again this next year.

No comments: